Train1900

(Updated version in French on this website)

“TRAIN 1900” leaves from its platform next to the station of the CFL in Pétange, goes up a slope of 23 ‰ around a hill called “Prenzebierg” to reach its first stop at “Fuussbësch” at PK 2.4. From there you can discover the natural reserve “Giele Botter” with its instructive walks about nature, geology and the mining quarries.

The new departure pannel at platform “Pétange TRAIN 1900”,
near the “route de Niedercorn”, in the backyard of the CFL station and “Platform TRAIN 1900” at Pétange.

Leaving for Fond-de-Gras via Fuussbësch. Arrival of locomotive no 5 with the PH carriages at Fussbësch.

 

Station Fond-de-Gras. Train 1900 owes its name to its first locomotive, No 8 (left), built by Hanomag 3431/1900
and donated by the steelworks Hadir from Differdange. The boiler was fired up for the first time in 1900.

TRAIN 1900 is exploited by AMTF asbl (Association des Musée et Tourisme Ferroviaires) as part of the Industrial and Railway heritage project supported by the Ministry of Culture and its National Heritage Department. The first passenger train left the station on August 4, 1973 and the line is operated since on Sundays and holidays each year from May 1 till the last Sunday in September,
except on National Holiday, June 23.

You can rent the train for any special events or film productions throughout the year. Guided tours upon request.

For reservation or informations: e-mail train1900@pt.lu .

Locomotive No 12 with a set of GCI carriages near Lamadelaine and locomotive no 5 returning from Rodange.

The railway line coasts along the hills of Lamadelaine and the “Tetelbierg”, a reputed archaeological site, before entering at PK 6 the station of Fond-de-Gras, centre of the Industrial and Railway site as well as the exploitation of TRAIN 1900. A second railway line leaves from the blind siding station passing the Dhoil mine and ending at Bois-de-Rodange. (PK 7.3). In former days the railway line continued up to the French border(PK 10).